Search Interview Questions
| More than 3000 questions in repository.|
There are more than 900 unanswered questions.
Click here and help us by providing the answer.
Have a video suggestion.
Click Correct / Improve and please let us know.
|Interview Questions and Answers|
|Ans. Enums in Java are used to declare predefined objects and then reuse them. they offer many benefits|
1. Enum instance are type safe and thread safe.
2. Enum instances are singleton and hence reused.
3. If we use Enums with Switch , It makes sure that the passed argument is either of its instance and hence provides a safeguard.
4. If we use Enum with Sorted Collections we can sort the elements with a predefined priorities ( as per constant declaration in enum )
5. We can use Enum as a Factory by defining its constructor.
6. We can store related constant data within enum. For example - If we know the values for the map upfront, we can alternatively use an enum.
|Help us improve. Please let us know the company, where you were asked this question :|
|Like Discuss Correct / Improve   Asked in 6 Companies|
|What are concepts introduced with Java 5 ?|
|Enums cannot be declared ..|
|Can we override compareTo method for Enumerations ?|
|enums are intrinsically ..|
|When were Enums introduced in Java ?|
|What is an Enum type ?|
|If I try to add Enum constants to a TreeSet, What sorting order will it use ?|
|What is an enumeration?|
|Can we extend an Enum ?|
|Shall we keep the enumeration name in all capital letters as it contains all constants ?|