Search Java Interview Questions
| 2280 questions in repository.|
There are more than 200 unanswered questions.
Click here and help us by providing the answer.
Have a video suggestion.
Click Correct / Improve and please let us know.
|Interview Questions and Answers for 'Conduent' - 1 question(s) found - Order By Newest|
|Very frequently asked. Favorite question in Walk in Drive of many Indian service companies.|
|Ans. Underlying data structure for ArrayList is Array whereas LinkedList is the linked list and hence have following differences -|
1. ArrayList needs continuous memory locations and hence need to be moved to a bigger space if new elements are to be added to a filled array which is not required for LinkedList.
2. Removal and Insertion at specific place in ArrayList requires moving all elements and hence leads to O(n) insertions and removal whereas its constant O(1) for LinkedList.
3. Random access using index in ArrayList is faster than LinkedList which requires traversing the complete list through references.
4. Though Linear Search takes Similar Time for both, Binary Search using LinkedList requires creating new Model called Binary Search Tree which is slower but offers constant time insertion and deletion.
5. For a set of integers you want to sort using quicksort, it's probably faster to use an array; for a set of large structures you want to sort using selection sort, a linked list will be faster.
Sample Code for ArrayList
Sample Code for LinkedList
|Help us improve. Please let us know the company, where you were asked this question :|
|Like Discuss Correct / Improve collections java data structures arraylist linkedlist Deutsche Bank Overstock.com HCL Technologies Infosys EBay The Advisory Board Company Accuity JC Penney Cerner Chase Amazon Deloitte Deegit Tata Consultancy Cognizant (CTS) IBM Accenture Mindtree ESRI QwikCilver Solutions TMC Bonds GumGum EMC Yelp Classteacher Learning System FactSet Simply Hired SalesForce Royall & Company Indeed eClinicalWorks TravelClick State Farm Manhattan Associates GoEuro Veeva Systems Ness Technologies Marlabs Rolta Volante Technologies Happiest Minds Technologies Coviam Velocify zanox SimplyHired IDBI Intech Wissen Infotech Nike OnDot PexSupply Pramati Technologies Credit Agricole Mastek Six Dee Telecom Accuity Kellton Tech conduent citrix NEC Technologies Basic   frequent|
Try 1 Question(s) Test
|If you are given a choice to use either ArrayList and LinkedList, Which one would you use and Why ?|
| Collections.sort can only be performed on ..|
d. Any Collection implementation
| Is this a valid initialization ? Explain.|
Collection<Collection> collection = new LinkedList<LinkedList>();
|In a Linked list with sorted numbers, insert a new numbers while maintaining the sort order.|
|Difference between Vector and ArrayList ?|
|Which of the following doesn't extend Collection interface ?|
|What is the difference between List, Set and Map ?|
|Will this code give error if i try to add two heterogeneous elements in the arraylist. ? and Why ?|
|Overridden methods must have the same ...|